Wednesday, November 7, 2018

MOTORSIKLO



20 years after, I still am not used to seeing him riding a motorbike. When the then Police Inspector (Lieutenant) Wilson was courting me, he had a Ducati big bike. I told him that I didn't like motorbikes. Well, good for me that he was obedient enough that from then on he left his motorbike with me in Manila. He never touched it nor cleaned it until we got married. It stayed in an open parking for more than three years or so,rain or shine... Till it became totally unserviceable.
I don't know but I tend to associate danger with motorcycles. Maybe because we often see reckless drivers everywhere. As per personal experience while driving, my car suffered from scratches and minor bumps caused by heedless motorcycle drivers who would escape after hitting my car.
One time, I was with a driver and we were not even moving on red light when a neglectful motorcycle rider suddenly came hitting the right side of my SUV bumper. I told my driver: "It's okay. Don't bother to run after him. That might even cause us hypertension.Life is more important." 
And now, of course,there are situations wherein we can't avoid riding a motorbike, like in Colonel D's case wherein it's part of his job at Highway Patrol Group. The same is true with food or parcel delivery men who would often use motorcycles to fulfill their duties. And as to others, that's their only mode of transporation at work and in taking their children to schools.
May it be a motorcycle, luxury car, bus, jeepney or truck, we all have the same desire each time we travel... and that is to reach our destination. All of us have equal rights to use the road. We all have the same responsibility towards ourselves, our co-passengers and fellow drivers. All of us have our own family members who expect us to come home safe and sound. Most of all, we equally have a single life that we need to treasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment